The Larson Electronics LEDT8-48-D 23 watt T-series Dimmable LED tube lamp is an excellent choice for upgrading existing T8 dimming fluorescent lamp fixtures to LEDs as well as a direct replacement for our own LED light fixtures.
This 23 Watt T-series LED Bulb works with any T8 fluorescent light fixtures, can be configured for any T series fluorescent bulb fixture and requires no ballast for operation. Internally, you simply bring the black wire to one pin and the white wire to the other. Power for this dimmable LED tube is single ended, meaning line and neutral voltage are applied to the same end. The polycarbonate lens diffuses the light and makes this bulb ideal for food safe environments as there is no glass. The aluminum housing serves as a heat sink and provides rigidity and strength for this LED bulb. These LED light tubes can also be plugged directly into fluorescent light fixtures with magnetic ballasts, which makes them an ideal retrofit for older T12 fluorescent lights with magnetic ballasts.
In fluorescent light fixtures with electronic ballasts, the operator needs to bypass the ballast and wire the power directly to one end of the LED tube (black wire to one pin and white wire to the other). Thus, this is an ideal upgrade for 4 foot fixtures with failed ballasts. These multi-voltage LED bulbs run directly off any voltage ranging from 90 volts to 132 volts AC, including 110 volts, 115 volts, and 120 volts AC.
These are the first generation of our dimmable 23 watt LED tubes. Lumen output is 125 lumens per watt for a total of 2,875 lumens per bulb. This LED lamp features rotating pins, allowing operators to adjust the direction of light dispersion after installation. While fluorescent lamps are omni-directional and illuminate 360°., the LED style replacement lamps are directional and offer a 160° beam spread. While this is more efficient than traditional fluorescent lighting, the pin alignment in retrofits may not always line up. With the rotating pins offering 300° of adjustability, operators can install the LED lamp, then rotate the center of the tube to the desired positioning.
This dimming LED tube uses electronic silicon control dimming. We have tested this lamp on all Lutron and Leviton electronic dimmers, such as the Leviton 6633-PLW. When using electronic dimmer switches, fixtures equipped with the LEDT8-48-D LED bulb will dim from 0% up to 100% via the user provided dimming switch. This lamp will not work on voltage outside of the 90-132V AC range and internal damage may occur when higher voltage is applied to the lamp.
These LED fluorescent tube replacements can be used as upgrades or replacements to our own explosion proof fluorescent lights, explosion proof paint spray booth lights as well as any other T series light fixture the operator already has in house. We have specially designed these for our explosion proof light fixtures, however, they can be used as replacements in standard fluorescent light fixtures. In our facilities, we replaced worn or spent fluorescent bulbs with these LED bulbs by removing the ballasts and bringing the white wire to one end and the black wire to the other end of the LED tube.
LED Lamp Benefits|
1. 50,000 hour lifespan.
2. Can SAVE 50% or more on energy.
3. Qualifies retrofit projects for financial incentives, including utility rebates, tax credits and energy loan programs.
4. Reduces energy use and prolongs life-spans of peripheral cooling units (A/C, refrigeration)
5. 100% recyclable.
6. No toxins-lead, mercury.
7. No UV light, infrared radiation or CO2 emissions.
8. Qualifies buildings for LEED and other sustainable business certifications.
9. Bright, even light maintains consistent color over time.
10. Instant on/off – No flickering, delays or buzzing.
11. Very good color rendering.
12. Vibration/impact resistant.
13. Significantly cooler operation.
14. Less frequent outages, higher output improves workplace safety.
15. Brings out natural appearance of products in sales or manufacturing applications.
16. Preserves integrity of retail products... no heat damage to formulations or thermal fade of branded packaging in display cases.
17. Unlimited indoor applications for overhead lighting, retail fixtures, signage, custom lighting accents, manufacturing and general area illumination.
18. Easily retrofit existing conventional light fixtures, simplifies troffers since no ballasts. needed Durable enough for portable use in exhibitions and tradeshows.