Made in the USA
The EPL-EMG-48-4L-LED-G2 Explosion Proof LED Light Fixture from Larson Electronics is U.S./Canada U.L. approved Class 1 Division 1 & 2 and Class 2 Division 1 and 2 for areas where flammable chemical/petrochemical vapors exist or have the potential to exist.This explosion proof LED light has a T-6 temperature rating and a carries a paint spray booth light certification as well.
***PLEASE NOTE: ANY FREE SHIPPING OFFERS DO NOT APPLY TO THIS HAZARDOUS LOCATION LIGHT FIXTURE***
The EPL-EMG-48-4L-LED-G2 is equipped with our specially designed LED G2-series bulbs which produce 30% more foot candles of illumination at 8 feet as compared to standard T8 lamps when measured with an Extech light meter. Our LED G2 series bulbs are visibly brighter than standard T8s and have consistently surprised many of our customers with their unexpectedly high light output levels. We have replaced two 8 foot dual lamp T8 fixtures in our own facility with our LED T series lamps and produced more illumination in the work area with only one 2 lamp 4 foot long LED fixture. We now offer our second generation LED tube lamps with this fixture which increases this hazardous location light’s level of performance.
With an integrated emergency ballast, this explosion proof LED light will continue to operate one lamp for 90 minutes at 2750 lumens once the main electrical power to the light is severed. Once standard electrical power is restored, the emergency battery pack will be recharged.
We have eliminated the ballast normally associated with fluorescent fixtures, which allows for instant on operation. The LEDT8-28W-V1 LED lamps have a 50,000+ hour service life, both of which result in extreme efficiency and greatly reduced maintenance costs. The solid state design of the LED lamps give this fixture superior resistance to damage from vibration, extremes in temperature, and a lamp service life over twice that of standard T8 bulbs.
The 28 watt LED lamps produce more illumination than standard T8 bulbs, but draw only 3/4 of the current. A standard EPL-EMG-48-4L-T8 explosion proof fluorescent light, with a combined total of 128 watts, draws 1.06 amps @ 120 volts. This LED version of the same light, with a total of 112 watts, draws only 0.94 amps. The EPL-EMG-48-4L-LED-G2 LED is multi-voltage (universal) and operates on any voltage from 120V to 277V AC 50/60hz. We also make a 12/24VDC version for low voltage applications (-LV suffix) for DC power.
Our EPL-EMG-48-4L-LED-G2 LED light fixture is U.S. and Canada U.L. approved for use in paint spray booths. Please note, according to the NEC, using threaded rigid pipe does not require additional seal offs with this fixture. An EYM and seal off is necessary for flex conduit or other non-rigid pipe implementations.
Standard Bracket Mounts: Each bracket is cinched to the bracket mounting peg on each side of the light. The angle of the bracket is set by tightening two cap screws on either side of the bracket. The cap screws act as a set screw. The bracket itself is mounted via a single bolt hole at the top the bracket. There are two brackets, one on each end of the light. Once the brackets are mounted to a surface (ceiling, floor or wall), the light fixture can be removed from the brackets by loosening the cap screws that hold the bracket to the mounting peg. The above pictures shown illustrate the mounting brackets and also show the access caps for changing the bulbs.
Additional mounting options: Unless otherwise specified, our standard, most popular configuration is the bracket end mounting shown enlarged below. We also offer a pendant mount for those needing to suspend the fixture away from the ceiling surface (i.e. suspend from pipe or conduit).
|Made in USA Quality||Superior LED Benefits|
1. Each unit dialectrically tested.
2. Fixture arrives assembled and lamped to reduce installation time and cost. Adjustable mounting brackets enable the operator to choose any mounting angle for the fixture.
3. Fixture constructed of extruded corrosion resistant copper free aluminum alloy
4. No ballast box. No ballast to replace. We simply run the black wire to one end of the bulb and white wire to the other.
5. Heavy gauge extruded aluminum reflectors with high gloss reflective finish. Resists dents and corrosion.
6. A wrench is used to unscrew the end caps for relamping the fixture, while some competitive models require the “tap and knock off” method to loosen the end cap.
7. Explosion proof, impact and heat resistant Pyrex tubes provide lamp protection.
1. 50,000 hour lifespan.
2. Can SAVE 50% or more on energy.
3. Qualifies retrofit projects for financial incentives, including utility rebates, tax credits and energy loan programs.
4. Reduces energy use and prolongs life-spans of peripheral cooling units (A/C, refrigeration)
5. 100% recyclable.
6. No toxins-lead, mercury.
7. No UV light, infrared radiation or CO2 emissions.
8. Qualifies buildings for LEED and other sustainable business certifications.
9. Bright, even light maintains consistent color over time.
10. Instant on/off – No flickering, delays or buzzing.
11. Very good color rendering.
12. Vibration/impact resistant.
13. Significantly cooler operation.
14. Less frequent outages, higher output improves workplace safety.
Specifications / Additional Information
|EPL-EMG-48-4L-LED-G2 LED Explosion Proof||US and Canada U.L. Ratings|
Scroll Down to Purchase-
|UL Listing: United States - Canada||Class 1 Division 1, Groups C and D T6|
|Dimensions: W-11.25" L-52" H-8.5 "||Class 1 Division 2, Group A,B,C,D|
|Weight: 45 Lbs ||UL 595 Outdoor Marine Type (Saltwater)|
|Total Watts: 112 watts ||UL 844, 924|
|Voltage: Universal 120-277VAC 50/60 hz||UL 1598 Marine Type|
|Low Voltage (Optional): 12/24 Dc power||Class II, Division 1 - 2, Groups E,F,G|
|LED Lamp Life Expectancy: 50,000+ Hours||California Title 24 Compliant|
|Efficiency: 98.21 Lumens per Watt||UL listed for Paint Spray Booth Operation|
|Operating Temp Range: -30 C to 70 C|
|Beam Angle: 150 degrees|
|Color Temp: 5300K||Special Orders- Requirements|
|Mounting: Surface Standard - Pendant Optional||Contact us for special requirements |
|Wiring Hub: 1/2 inch threaded||Toll Free: 1-800-369-6671|
|Warranty: YES- 5 Years*||Intl: 1-903-498-3363|
|U.L Approval: U.S Certificate Canada Certificate||E-mail: email@example.com|
| || |