The Magnetic Utility Light (MUL) (TM) series of spotlight and flood lights are MADE IN THE USA and enable the operator to control the rotation and elevation of the light with the control, located directly behind the lamp head. An ideal search light configuration, the operator uses the handle to position the beam, much in the same way a prison guard uses tower lights to track prisoners in the yard. Unlike motorized remote Magnetic Utility Lights, the operator has instantaneous control over the beam position. Magnetic Utility Light (MUL) have magnetic mount bases, measuring 4 inches square that are secured with 4 corner bolts. Magnetic Utility Lights are used as military spotlights, searchlights, utility spotlights, roof mount spotlights, hunting spotlights, work lights and linesman lights.
Magnetic Utility Light (MUL) will hold their position once the operator places the beam. The operator can adjust the tension to increase or lessen the "position holding" tension bases on the amount of vibration in the environment.
- This 160 watt, sealed beam spotlight generates 2175 LUX and projects a distance of 680 feet. The sealed beam in this unit pulls 13 amps continuously, so 15 amp fuse is required. A 15 amp fuse is typical on most cigarette lighter sockets, however, it is not recommended that you attempt to run 2 of these lights on a socket splitter without increasing the fuse capacity. The blue coating on the lens is designed to offset the dispersion effects of light in highly humid and foggy conditions. Often desirable for boating, this lens cover cuts through the fog and to some degree increases the penetration of the light beam into water itself.
- Solid polycarbonate upright, handle supports lamp. Handle is contoured to individual fingers for comfortable grip and control. Upright handle configuration enables operator to control the movement of the light easily. Upright handle elevates lamp 7 inches from the magnetic base, to improve the reach of the light beam. Finally, the handle enables the operator to easily remove the light from its mounting surface, even though the magnetic base is strong.
- 3.25 inch diameter round magnetic base enables the light to be mounted securely to any metal surface. Larson Electronics provides magnetic mount plates to attach to non-ferrous surfaces. These plates enable the use of all the Larson Electronicss and Golights with magnetic bases on any surface, including fiberglass, wood and concrete. These mounting plates are sold separately.
- Interlocking aluminum and stainless steel u-brackets secure the elevation of light beam once the operator positions the beam. The operator can tilt the lamp head up and down with pressure from a single hand. The tension on the hinge system will hold the lamp head in place once the operator positions it. This means that the operator can position the light beam at any angle and the light will hold that angle until the operator changes the tilt of the beam.
- UV and salt resistant lamp housing measures 6 inches in diameter and 3.5 inches deep.
- On/off toggle switch located on the back of the lamp housing controls power to the lamp.
- Detachable cord options include 16 foot cord with cigarette plug, 21 foot cord with spring battery clamps, 21 foot cord with 3/8 inch ring terminals, 10 foot coil cord with cigarette plug, 16 foot cord with cigarette plug with on/off switch and 21 foot cord with ring terminals and inline on/off switch. Each Control Light is equipped with a one foot pig tail with 2 pin SAE connector. All cords manufactured by Larson Electronics (www.larsonelectronics.com
) are compatible with the Magnetic Utility Light (MUL) with magnetic base.
- 7 year warranty covers all components except lamp. Lamp is easily field serviceable and can be changed within 3 minutes.
- MUL measure 13.5 inches tall and weigh 1.5 pounds. The lamp housing is 6 inches wide and 3.75 inches deep.
- MAGNETIC UTILITY LIGHTS (MUL) ARE MADE IN THE USA.