The Magnetic Utility Light (MUL) (TM) series of spotlight and flood lights are MADE IN THE USA and enable the operator to control the rotation and elevation of the light beam. An ideal searchlight configuration, the operator uses the handle to position the beam. Magnetic Utility Lights (MUL) have magnetic mount bases, measuring 3.25 inches in diameter, that have 100 pounds of magnetic pull. Magnetic Utility Lights are used as military spotlights, searchlights, utility spotlights, roof mount spotlights, hunting spotlights, work lights and linesman lights.
Magnetic Utility Light (MUL) will hold their position once the operator places the beam. The operator can adjust the tension bolts to increase or lessen the "position holding" hinge depending on the amount of vibration in the environment. Magnetic Utility Lights can be used on vehicles, boats and heavy equipment.
- MUL-1 is a 35 watt flood light. It emits a dispersed (diffused) beam that is approximately 65 feet wide by 75 feet long. This beam is intended for illuminating a work area. It is not intended to project a directional, focused beam that will reach great distances. This light is effective as a work light, because the trapezoidal lens minimizes the "bright ball" effect on your eyes when you look directly into it. The life of this lamp is rated at 675 hours within a Larson Electronics floodlight.
- Solid polycarbonate upright, handle supports lamp. Handle is contoured to individual fingers for comfortable grip and control. Upright handle configuration enables operator to control the movement of the light easily. Upright handle elevates lamp 7 inches from the magnetic base, to improve the reach of the light beam. Finally, the handle enables the operator to easily remove the light from its mounting surface, even though the magnetic base is strong.
- 3.25 inch diameter round magnetic base enables the light to be mounted securely to any metal surface. Larson Electronics provides magnetic mount plates to attach to non-ferrous surfaces. These plates enable the use of all the Larson Electronicss and Golights with magnetic bases on any surface, including fiberglass, wood and concrete. These mounting plates are sold separately.
- Interlocking aluminum and stainless steel u-brackets secure the elevation of light beam once the operator positions the beam. The operator can tilt the lamp head up and down with pressure from a single hand. The tension on the hinge system will hold the lamp head in place once the operator positions it. This means that the operator can position the light beam at any angle and the light will hold that angle until the operator changes the tilt of the beam.
- UV and salt resistant lamp housing measures 6 inches in diameter and 3.5 inches deep.
- On/off toggle switch located on the back of the lamp housing controls power to the lamp.
- Detachable cord options include 16 foot cord with cigarette plug, 21 foot cord with spring battery clamps, 21 foot cord with 3/8 inch ring terminals, 10 foot coil cord with cigarette plug, 16 foot cord with cigarette plug with on/off switch and 21 foot cord with ring terminals and inline on/off switch. Each Control Light is equipped with a one foot pig tail with 2 pin SAE connector. All cords manufactured by Larson Electronics (www.larsonelectronics.com
) are compatible with the Magnetic Utility Light (MUL) with magnetic base.
- 7 year warranty covers all components except lamp. Lamp is easily field serviceable and can be changed within 3 minutes.
- MUL measure 13.5 inches tall and weigh 1.5 pounds. The lamp housing is 6 inches wide and 3.75 inches deep.
- MAGNETIC UTILITY LIGHTS (MUL) ARE MADE IN THE USA.
Made in the USA