The Control Magnetic Lights (CML) series of spotlights and flood lights enable the operator to control the rotation and elevation of the light with the handle, located directly behind the lamp head.
ControLights with magnetic bases that are strong enough to be mounted on moving vehicles. However ControLights can be moved to different spots on a single vehicle or moved from vehicle to vehicle as schedule demands. ControLights are used as military spotlights, utility spotlights, roof mount spotlights, hunting spotlights, work lights and linesman lights.
- In spotlight configuration, this HID light projects 3200 lumens (approximately 15 million candlepower) and reaches 1900 feet while only pulling 2.91 amps on a 12 volt system. This spotlight also works on 24 volts as well, drawing 1.45 amps.
- The 5 inch diameter magnetic base has 200 pounds of magnetic grip to keep the spotlight secured to the surface under extreme vibration and off-road conditions. The Department of Homeland Security attaches lights with these bases to the doors of the vehicles while pursuing visitors from the south through the desert terrain. This configuration is also popular with hunters, who need the ability to position the light quickly on targets. Since the light stays where it is positioned, hunters can locate the target and then release the light to manage their weapon.
- Solid polycarbonate handle controls light via 7 inch long, heavy gauge, powder coated steel bracket.
- 5 inch diameter (200lb grip) magnetic base secures the light to any ferrous metal surface.
- Interlocking aluminum and stainless steel brackets secure rotation and elevation of light beam once the operator positions the beam.
- UV and salt resistant housing holds a lamp lens measures 4 inches square and is 6 inches long. ControLights can be used on vehicles, boats and heavy equipment.
- Detachable 12 foot coil cord with cigarette plug. Short pigtail cord with SEA connector one end and weatherproof Deutsch connector connects 2 pin SAE connector from Larson Electronics to Deutsch connector on the coild cord. Cord connects via 2 pin Deutsch connector. All cords manufactured by Larson Electronics (www.larsonelectronics.com ) are compatible with the Control Lights with magnetic base.
- 7 year warranty covers all components except lamp. Lamp, ballast and igniter can be serviced in the field.
This image shows a dark street with no illumination but distant street lights
This image shows the same street, this time being illuminated by the CML-15-200lb, reaching and illuminating trees approx. 2000` in distance.