Explosion-Proof Small Format Light - UL 844 Listed Class I, Division 1&2, Groups C&D for fitting to sight/light ports and specific area lighting. Approved for wet conditions (UL 1571)
This compact, powerful light can be used in small spaces where operators need Class 1 Division 1 or Class 1 Division 2 lighting.
Made in the USA
The EXPSG-120-100W is excellent for specific area lighting such as instruments, control panels, valve manifolds, walkways, etc. These sturdy lights are constructed of corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy and are moisture-proof as well as explosion-proof (hazardous locations) so they are equally well suited for use in demanding installations indoors and out. Both spot and flood lamp configurations are available for particular applications.
Click here to see the Low Voltage LED version of this light.
Sight Glass Styles
This light is designed to give glare-free illumination in combination with the following sight glass styles:
• bolt-on circular flanges
• circular weld pad
• visual flow indicators (standard or full-view)
• sanitary clamp connection larger than 3”
• circular threaded assemblies (type MV) larger than 4”
• specific area lighting
UL Hazardous Location Ratings
UL 844 listed for Class I, Division 1 & 2, Groups C and D.
Approved for wet conditions, UL 1571
Click here to learn more about National Electrical Code Hazardous Location Classifications
Temperature Operating Conditions
Temperature range (operating temperature) is referenced to 40°C ambient.
Lamp - 100W Spot halogen lamp with bayonet base and separate reflector.
Lamp Socket - BA 15d Bayonet
Click Photo to
Straight mounting brackets are for use on single sight ports from 3” to 6”. Angle (offset) brackets are available for 6” and larger for single light/sight port combinations. Brackets are adaptable to various types of mounting configurations for area lighting.
General (See detailed instruction manual)
The light is usually bolted by twin brackets to the sight glass assembly, i.e. to the cover flange of a bolt-on circular sight glass, circular weld-on assembly (type DN28120), visual flow indicator, or mounted for area illumination.
Can be used for the following sight glass sizes and larger:
Bolt-on circular sight window, 2”
Circular weld-on sight window, 3”
Visual flow indicator, 2”
Weld-neck type MV, DN80
Also available are sanitary clamp connections for sizes 1” and larger
Electrical Connection Installation
1. Disconnect main power supply
2. Remove side entrance cover
3. Attach power leads to terminal block
4. Replace cover insuring gasket (o-ring) is in place. Tighten.
5. Connect power
Connections to be in accordance with National Electric Code® Requirements
1. Switch off the light and disconnect power
2. Remove top cover
3. Loosen socket bracket. Removal of the screw is not necessary
4. Remove lamp socket bracket assembly
5. Replace bulb. Use only approved bulb (table 1)
6. Replace lamp socket bracket assembly
7. Tighten bracket screw
8. Reinstall top cover insuring cover gasket (o-ring) is in place.
9. Connect power supply
Parts, Construction and Materials:
• Luminaire body: Corrosion resistant die cast aluminum, G-Al Si 10 Mg
• Lens Holder: Unit of aluminum ring, glass
• Brackets: Die cast Aluminum, G-Al Si 10 Mg
• Weight: 7 lb. (3.2 Kg)
• Gaskets: Silicone rubber o-rings