Made in the USA
The Larson Electronics EPL-48-4L-SW Explosion Proof Fluorescent Light Fixture is U.S./Canada U.L. approved Class 1 Division 1, Class 1 Division 2 and ideal for hazardous locations where flammable petrochemical vapor or combustible dust exists or has the potential to exist. The unit has a T6 temperature rating and is approved for paint spray booths.
***PLEASE NOTE: ANY FREE SHIPPING OFFERS DO NOT APPLY TO THIS HAZARDOUS LOCATION LIGHT FIXTURE***
The EPL-48-4L-SW is our 4 foot long, 4 lamp, UL listed Class 1 Division 1 and Class 2 Division 1 & 2 explosion proof fluorescent light which is also approved for use in paint spray booth applications. This explosion proof fluorescent lamp features an on/off switch attached to the end of the unit, which is angled into an upright position for easy access. This T6 temperature rated fixture comes standard with four fluorescent lamps. This fixture is multi-voltage capable with 347 Volt and 480 Volt versions available upon request. The EPL-48-4L-SW provides operators in hazardous locations with a powerful and affordable lighting solution that provides the best explosion proof protection available without sacrificing fixture durability.
NOTE ON LAMPS: We offer a choice of bulbs with all of our explosion proof fluorescent fixtures. However, we standardize on the T-5HO bulbs mostly for longevity and high output. However, many of our customers, including Naval bases, shipyards, oil rigs and petrochemical processing plants operate in very cold conditions, and T-12HO bulbs operate well in those environments. The T12VHO, 110 watt Very High Output lamps make this fixture an ideal replacement for 400 watt metal halide surface mount fixtures in hazardous location areas requiring Class 1 Division 1 rated lights. *However, the 110 watt T12VHO lamp configuration is not appropriate for paint spray booth applications.
On/Off Switch: The EPL-48-4L-SW comes equipped with an on/off switch that is located at the end of the lamp fixture. This switch has an elbow which angles the switch into an upright position. Operators must hardwire the fixture to the switch, allowing the light to be turned on and off.
Mounting options: Standard surface mounting via our L-brackets attached to Unistruts. Pendant mounting is available for greater distancing of the fixture from the mounting surface (upon request) The Unistrut is attached to our standard L-bracket mounts. These L-bracket mounts can be adjusted to create angle mounts. As illustrated in the photos above, the series of mounting holes at the top of the bracket enable this explosion proof light to be attached to any wall, ceiling or floor surface. A simple through bolt can be used to secure the light to the surface. A single junction box at one end of the light is provided for the electrical connection.
Suggested Applications: Paint spray booths, Aircraft maintenance, Oil drilling rigs, Refineries, Solvent and cleaning areas, Chemical manufacturing, Waste treatment plants, Gas processing plants.
|Made in USA Quality
1. Each unit dialectically tested.
2. Fixture arrives assembled and lamped to reduce installation time and cost. Adjustable mounting brackets enable the operator to choose any mounting angle for the fixture, where other models may only offer one or three choices.
3. Fixture constructed of extruded corrosion resistant copper free aluminum alloy.
4. Over-sized, finned ballast housing for 800 mA fixtures provides more heat dissipation and extends ballast life. Larger ballast box accommodates High Output lamp ballasts. Ballast housing easily accessible and externally mounted. Top and bottom covers secured with nuts and bolts, instead of threaded through holes, which can be damaged with dirt.
5. Heavy gauge extruded aluminum reflectors with high gloss reflective finish. Resists dents and corrosion.
6. A wrench is used to unscrew the end caps for relamping the fixture, while other models require the “tap and knock off” method to loosen the end cap.
7. Explosion proof, impact and heat resistant Pyrex tubes provide lamp protection.
8. Spring loaded sockets on both ends hold lamps firmly for maximum shock and vibration protection.
F54T5HO-850 – 54 watt, 5000 lumens per bulb, 20,000 hour life, 5000 Kelvin color (Suffix –T5)
F48T12HO-CW – 60 watt, 4050 lumens per bulb, 12,000 hours life, 4100 Kelvin color (Suffix –T12HO)
F32T8-841 – 32 watt, 2950 lumens per bulb, 24,000 hours life, 4100 Kelvin color (Suffix –T8)
F48-T8/HO - 48 watt, 4000 lumens per bulb, 18,000 hours life, 4100 Kelvin color (Suffix -T8HO)
T12HO with magnetic ballast for high heat configurations (hot box explosion proof light applications) - 60 watt, 4050 lumens per bulbs - This bulb, ballast and wiring configuration is designed for application to 165 degrees C.
F48-T12-D-HO – 60 watt, 4050 lumens per bulb, 12,000 hours life, 5100 Kelvin color (76 CRI - Color Rendition) - This specialty lamp is designed to mimic daylight conditions. For paint spray booth operators requiring a brighter color light than a traditional "cool white", this bulb can be useful. (Suffix –T12DHO)
F-48-T12-VHO – 110 watt, 7000 lumens per bulb, 12,000 hours life, 4200 Kelvin color (Suffix –T12VHO) NOTE: the 110 watt lamps raise the temperature rating from T5 to T6, which is NOT appropriate for paint spray booth applications. The fixture is still Class 1 Division 1 rated, however, this fixture is no longer paint spray booth certified with the 110 watt Very High Output lamp.