Made in the USA
The Larson Electronics EPL-48-1L-GSLED-UVA-EYM-50C-EPP Explosion Proof LED UV Light Fixture is U.S./Canada U.L. approved for Class 1 Division 1 & 2, Class II Division 1 & 2, Paint Spray Booth, and UL1598A Wet Locations. This fixture uses advanced LED light technology to produce ultraviolet light and is T6 rated for hazardous locations where UV lamps are used in paint and adhesive curing, food inspection or for non-destructive testing.
The EPL-48-1L-GSLED-UVA-EYM-50C-EPP fixture is a 4 foot long, 1 lamp, UL listed Class 1 Division 1 & 2 and Class II Division 1 & 2 explosion proof LED light fixture that emits light in the ultraviolet spectrum. The EPL-48-1L-GSLED-UVA-EYM-50C-EPP is made to order and is typically used for curing coatings or adhesives and for non-destructive testing. This lamp is protected by heat and impact resistant Pyrex tubes and the fixture is constructed of copper free aluminum alloy. The lamp reflectors are corrosion resistant heavy gauge aluminum coated with a high gloss reflective finish. This fixture can operate on voltages ranging from 120V-277V 50/60Hz and is U.L. approved for use in hazardous environments, paint spray booths, wet environments, and areas where UV lamps are used in paint and adhesive curing, food inspection, and for non-destructive testing.
|Click Photo to Enlarge ||Click Photo to Enlarge ||Click Photo to Enlarge |
The EPL-48-1L-GSLED-UVA-EYM-50C-EPP uses LED light technology, a technology that is far better in energy saving than traditional fluorescent bulbs used for the same purposes. Traditional ultraviolet lights require a coating to block out visible light or a special composition of gases and chemicals used to create a higher concentration of ultraviolet light. This process, however, also produces many other wavelengths of light which go unused and end up as wasted energy. LED lights are unique in that they have a narrower wavelength band than traditional ultraviolet sources and therefore do not require these special coatings. As a result, LED lights do not produce unused, wasted light and therefore consume less energy than traditional UV lights on the market. LED lights have the added benefit of being capable of producing very specific wavelengths with tighter curves and are more durable and light weight as well.
The Class 1 & 2, Division 1 & 2 LED ultraviolet light fixture can be used for non-destructive testing in aviation and manufacturing, food processing and inspection, and in paint, coating, and adhesive curing. The EPL-48-1L-GSLED-UVA-EYM-50C-EPP provides operators in hazardous locations with a reliable and durable UV lighting solution that combines effective production of UV light with explosion proof protection and is applicable for leak detection, paint spray booths, ink, coatings, and adhesive curing, non-destructive testing, inspection, and food processing.
Ultraviolet A Wavelength produces a longer wave between the 400nm - 315nm spectrum. This explosion proof LED light has a peak wavelength of 365NM.
|Click Photo to Enlarge ||Click Photo to Enlarge |
Mounting Options: Unless otherwise specified, our standard, most popular configuration is the bracket end mounting shown enlarged below. We also offer a pendant mount for those needing to suspend the fixture away from the ceiling surface (i.e. suspend from pipe or conduit). Additional mounting configurations can be customized to meet the requirements on the application. Please contact us for special mounting configurations.
Adjustable Surface Mount Brackets: Each bracket is cinched to the bracket mounting peg on each side of the light. The angle of the bracket is set by tightening two cap screws on either side of the bracket. The cap screws act as a set screw. The bracket itself is mounted via a single bolt hole at the top the bracket. There are two brackets, one on each end of the light. Once the brackets are mounted to a surface (ceiling, floor or wall), the light fixture can be removed from the brackets by loosening the cap screws that hold the bracket to the mounting peg.
Suspension Mounting: Pendant mount fixtures hang from the ceiling and are suspended by rigid pipe. Each fixture features a 1/2” NPT junction box on one end, and a 1/2” NPT adjustable L-bracket on the other end of the fixture. Operators bring rigid pipe down to the threaded mounting hubs. Wiring is fed down through the rigid pipe to the junction box and tied in to the fixture’s lead wires, completing the electrical connection. The adjustable L-shape mounting bracket provides support for the opposite end of the fixture.
|Click Photos to Enlarge|
|5-15 Straight Blade Plug||5-20 Straight Blade Plug ||6-20 Straight Blade Plug |
Wiring & Plug: The EPL-48-1L-GSLED-UVA-EYM-50C-EPP explosion proof light fixture is U.S. and Canada U.L. approved for use in paint spray booths. This fixture is equipped with a seal off and 50' of 16/3 chemical and abrasion resistant SOOW cable terminated in an explosion proof cord cap. Plug options include explosion proof 5-15 15 amp straight blade plug, explosion proof 5-20 20 amp straight blade plug, or explosion proof 6-20 20 amp straight blade plug. Alternatively, we can provide flying leads with no plug for hard wire applications or for operators who prefer to wire in user provided cord caps. Please choose pigtail option below for flying leads with no plug.
|Made in USA Quality||Superior LED Benefits|
1. Each unit dialectically tested.
2. Fixture arrives assembled and lamped to reduce installation time and cost. Adjustable mounting brackets enable the operator to choose any mounting angle for the fixture, where other models may only offer one or three choices.
3. Fixture constructed of extruded corrosion resistant copper free aluminum alloy.
4. Over-sized, finned ballast housing for 800 mA fixtures provides more heat dissipation and extends ballast life. Ballast housing easily accessible and externally mounted. Top and bottom covers secured with nuts and bolts, instead of threaded through holes, which can be damaged with dirt.
5. Heavy gauge extruded aluminum reflectors with high gloss reflective finish. Resists dents and corrosion.
6. A wrench is used to unscrew the end caps for relamping the fixture, while other models require the “tap and knock off” method to loosen the end cap.
7. Explosion proof, impact and heat resistant Pyrex tubes provide lamp protection.
1. 50,000 hour lifespan.
2. Can SAVE 50% or more on energy.
3. Qualifies retrofit projects for financial incentives, including utility rebates, tax credits and energy loan programs.
4. Reduces energy use and prolongs life-spans of peripheral cooling units (A/C, refrigeration)
5. 100% recyclable.
6. No toxins-lead, mercury.
7. No UV light, infrared radiation or CO2 emissions.
8. Qualifies buildings for LEED and other sustainable business certifications.
9. Bright, even light maintains consistent color over time.
10. Instant on/off – No flickering, delays or buzzing.
11. Very good color rendering.
12. Vibration/impact resistant.
13. Significantly cooler operation.
14. Less frequent outages, higher output improves workplace safety.