Made in the USA
The Larson Electronics HAL-48-2L-LED-BMSW-NL Hazardous Area LED Light Fixture is U.S./Canada U.L. approved Class I Division 2 Groups A, B, C and D - UL 1598A listed, has a T4A temperature rating and ideal for hazardous locations where flammable chemical/petrochemical vapors may be occasionally encountered. This hazardous location LED light carries a United States Coast Guard approval, making it ideal for applications such as oil rigs, ships, offshore applications, petrochemical, manufacturing, chemical storage, and water treatment centers.
Please note: LED lamps are NOT included - fixture only
This four foot long, two lamp LED fixture is ideal for operators seeking a top quality hazardous location light that will reduce operating costs, improve lighting quality and reduce downtime incurred from frequent servicing intervals. The HAL-48-2L-LED-BMSW-NL fixture is a 4 foot long, 2 lamp, Class I Division 2 Groups A, B, C and D hazardous area LED light that takes the reliability and efficiency of a fluorescent fixture and adds even longer lamp life and efficiency with high output LEDs. This fixture is T4A temperature rated and the customer provided lamps are protected by a powder coated aluminum frame and shatter and heat resistant clear acrylic lens secured with ten zinc coated steel draw latches.
This fixture carries a T4A temperature rating and is U.L. 595 and UL 1598A Marine Type approved for use marine environments. The fixture is constructed of copper free sheet aluminum and powder coated. The lamp reflector is corrosion resistant heavy gauge aluminum and coated with a high gloss reflective finish. The HAL-48-2L-LED-BMSW-NL is weatherproof and provides operators in hazardous locations with a highly efficient, reliable and affordable lighting solution for open areas where flammable chemicals and vapors may occasionally be present. Click here to read the NEC description for explosion proof and hazardous locations.
Click here to see the new HAL-48-2L-ITG-LED-BMSW Class I Division 2 integrated LED fixture producing 19,200 lumens.
|Click Photo to Enlarge ||Click Photo to Enlarge ||Click Photo to Enlarge |
Unlike the glass tube design of traditional fluorescent lamps, these LED T-Style lamps have no filaments or fragile housings to break during operation. Instead of using a combination of gases to produce light, light emitting diodes (LEDs) use semi-conductive materials that illuminate when electric current applied and emitting light. The LED assembly is mounted to the "tube" constructed from extruded aluminum, with a polycarbonate lens protecting the LEDs. With LED lights, there is no warm up time or cool down time before re-striking and provide instant illumination when powered on, adding to the reliability of LED technology. By nature, LED light sources run significantly cooler than fluorescent lamps, reducing the chance of accidental burns and increased temperatures due to heat emissions. This solid state design of light emitting diodes provides a more reliable, stable, durable, and energy efficient light source over traditional fluorescent lighting.
|Energy Consumption Comparison|
|Wattage||108 watts||64 watts||56 watts|
|Amp Draw @ 120V AC||0.90 amps||0.54 amps||0.47 amps|
|Amp Draw @ 220V AC||0.49 amps||0.29 amps||0.25 amps|
|Amp Draw @ 240V AC||0.45 amps||0.27 amps||0.23 amps|
|Amp Draw @ 277V AC||0.39 amps||0.24 amps||0.20 amps|
|Amp Draw @ 12V DC||9 amps||5.34 amps||4.67 amps|
|Amp Draw @ 24V DC||4.5 amps||2.67 amps||2.34 amps|
|Lamp Life Expectancy||20,000 hours||24,000 hours ||50,000 hours|
|Color Temperature||5000K / 4100K||4100K||5600K|
|Operation cost per year|
(12hs/day @ 12c/kWh)
|*When equipped with Larson Electronics LEDT8-28W-V1 28 watt LED lamps.|
Mounting Options:Unless otherwise specified, our standard, most popular configuration is the bracket end mounting shown enlarged below. We also offer a pendant mount for those needing to suspend the fixture away from the ceiling surface (i.e. suspend from pipe or conduit). Additional mounting configurations can be customized to meet the requirements on the application. Please contact us for special mounting configurations.
Standard Surface Mount Brackets: Each L bracket is cinched to the bracket mounting peg on each side of the light. The angle of the bracket is set by tightening two bolts on either side of the bracket. The bolts act as a set screw. The bracket itself is mounted via a single bolt hole at the top the bracket. There are two brackets. Once the brackets are mounted to a surface (ceiling, floor or wall), the light fixture can be pivoted by loosening the that hold the bracket to the mounting peg. This fixture allows 45° of pivot from the 90° point.
Suggested Applications: Aircraft maintenance, oil drilling rigs, refineries, marine and salt water environments, ships, tankers, offshore, solvent and cleaning areas, chemical manufacturing, waste treatment plants, gas processing plants.
|Made in USA Quality||Superior LED Benefits|
1. Each unit dialectically tested.
2. Fixture arrives assembled and lamped to reduce installation time and cost. Adjustable mounting brackets enable the operator to choose any mounting angle for the fixture, where other models may only offer one or three choices.
3. Fixture constructed streamlined ribbed corrosion-resistant, copper free sheet aluminum body for better hear dissipation and extended ballast life.
4. Aluminum lens frame for greater strength
5. Re-lamping done via 10 draw latches, which enable the operator to unlatch the lens and access the lamps.
5. Heavy gauge aluminum reflectors with high gloss reflective finish. Resists dents and corrosion.
6. 1/2" or 3/4", threaded access hole for wiring conduit.
7. Units can be wired end to end in series.
1. 50,000 hour lifespan.
2. Can SAVE 50% or more on energy.
3. Qualifies retrofit projects for financial incentives, including utility rebates, tax credits and energy loan programs.
4. Reduces energy use and prolongs life-spans of peripheral cooling units (A/C, refrigeration)
5. 100% recyclable.
6. No toxins-lead, mercury.
7. No UV light, infrared radiation or CO2 emissions.
8. Qualifies buildings for LED and other sustainable business certifications.
9. Bright, even light maintains consistent color over time.
10. Instant on/off – No flickering, delays or buzzing.
11. Very good color rendering.
12. Vibration/impact resistant.
13. Significantly cooler operation.
14. Less frequent outages, higher output improves workplace safety.