The EPCO-20A power connector is constructed of non sparking aluminum and finished with an epoxy powder coating for durability and added corrosion resistance. The internal receptacle plug contacts are constructed of brass and designed to maintain constant pressure along their entire length for superior connectivity. The plug receptacle is deeply recessed to prevent accidental contacts and designed for twist lock plug insertion to provide secure connections. A neoprene seal fitted inside the connector receptacle seals against the plug when inserted to provide positive sealing against water ingress.
A spring loaded receptacle door provides an automatic weather-tight seal when the plug is removed. This flip-style lid features a special notch, allowing operators to lock the door in the open position while plugging or unplugging devices. With no devices plugged into the connector, the lid will screw shut, providing a NEMA 4X seal. When a plug is installed in this connector, the internal seals provide a NEMA 3 seal.
This explosion proof connector is a mate for the Larson Electronics EPP-15A and EPP-20A explosion proof plugs and is compatible with all the Larson Electronics explosion proof lights we make with an explosion proof plug.
Options: This unit accepts 14 or 12 gauge SOOW or similar diameter cable.
Circuit breaking protection: This unit`s receptacle is designed to safely contain any arcs between the internal contacts that may be created within the receptacle housing.
Inter-Compatibility: These units are compatible with Crouse Hind™ plugs under catalogue number ""ENP5151" and Hubble-Killark Acceptor® plugs under catalogue number "UGP-20231,UGP-20232." Due to possible manufacturer changes we cannot guarantee interchangeability although we have made every effort to ensure cross compatibility correctness.
Suggested Applications: Areas where flammable or ignitable vapors or gases may be present or stand the potential to exist, including manufacturing, industrial, commercial, docks, shipyards, shipping ports and other similar ship to shore applications as well as any application requiring a wet area suitable and highly durable source of secure power connection.
1. Specially designed receptacle contains arcs within the unit.
2. Spring loaded door seals receptacle when not in use.
3. Brass contacts provide constant pressure and superior conductivity.
4. Accepts non explosion proof plugs that are NEMA 5-20R, or 6-20R compatible.
5. Neoprene seal compressed by plug prevents water ingress into receptacle when in use.
6. Rated to handle loads up to 20 Amps.
7. Receptacle Epoxy powder coat finish for durability. Housing Triple coated for durability/corrosion resistance.
8. Compatible with Crouse Hind™ "ENP5151" and Hubble-Killark Acceptor™ "UGP-20231,UGP-20232 " plugs.
9. Corrosion resistant and suitable for use in wet locations.