HID Remote Controlled Light -HML-5M-RC - 24 Volt Military Version - WIRED REMOTE CONTROL - MADE IN THE USA
This unit is MADE IN THE USA. The High Intensity Discharge (HID) sealed beam lamp system is of very high quality. The motorized remote controlled light is completely encased in a very heavy duty brass housing. The light is shown below in chrome, but is available in a flat black powder coat finish for military applications. The unit has a very heavy duty, extendible wire harness that connects to a high quality, sealed dash mount remote control unit. The sealed remote control unit can be used in a handheld application as well.
This light will projects its beam a full mile. For those of you familiar with HID lights, you know that HID typically projects 5-10 times the light of a halogen light. In addition, there is no filament to break, so the durability is substantially greater. Finally, HID lights last thousands of hours, unlike halogen lights, which last only hundreds hours.
Heavy duty motorized remote controlled light rotates 370 degrees and 140 degrees with use of wired remote control. Remote controlled searchlight contains a 35 Watt HID lamp that projects a beam more than 5000 feet. Using current formulas for adjusted retail candlepower, this light generates 50 million candlepower. Using more traditional formulas for calculating candlepower, this remote controlled searchlight generates 600,000 candlepower.
• Complete drive unit enclosed in brass housing.
• Designed to be weather and salt water resistant
• Control is water and sand resistant with sealed plug-in connections.
• Sealed beam lamp eliminates destructive corrosion within lamp and reflector
• High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamp uses electrodes to ignite gas, and contains no filament to break. Average lamp life in this light exceeds 4000+ hours.
• Single control lever and touch pad for vertical and horizontal light movement.
• Two station operation optional with use of optional dual station kit accessory.
• Two speed light movement (fast/slow).
• Auto-sweep mode cycles light side-to-side automatically.
• Light can transmit an "SOS" distress signal
This remote control spotlight can be mounted with 3 bolts at the base of the unit. A 7/8 inch hole is needed for the wire harness pigtail.
The dash mounted remote control requires a 2-3/4 inch diameter hole. The control is used to turn the light on and off, as well control its movement. The searchlight remote control has LED illumination that will go on when the unit is connected to the power.
Package includes light, dash mount remote control and 15 foot cable to connect the control to the light. Optional extension cables available.
The remote controlled light stands 11 inches tall. The lens diameter is 6 inches and lamp housing is 10 inches long.
The mounting base is 3.63 inches in diameter and 4.87 inches long.
Note On Voltage: Most vehicles are 12 Volt DC. 24 Volts DOES NOT mean more power. Running 24V power source will result in a very dim or non-functioning light, and may cause internal damage to the light as well. For common vehicle use, please order 12V.